Takeoff shooting: Houston police say arrest made in connection to hip hop star’s death
Houston police chief Troy Finner announced on Friday that an arrest had been made in the shooting death of rapper Takeoff that occurred last month, saying that a 33-year-old man was now facing a murder charge.
Sgt. Michael Burrow with the department’s homicide division said that through their investigation, they determined the Migos rapper had been an “innocent bystander” and was not involved in the dice game or subsequent argument at 810 Billiards and Bowling that led to his death. He added that Takeoff was not armed. In addition, he said through video surveillance that came in over time, as well as physical evidence, shooting reconstruction and confirm ballistic evidence, they were able to deduce that the 33-year-old was the suspect.
Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner also spoke during the press conference and praised the work of law enforcement for their work on the case and said he was glad an arrest had been made.